Saturday, November 22, 2008

Guilty pleasures.

I am certain I am not the first one to put this out there (as a meme or otherwise). But as I have already mentioned, I am a blogging newbie so please, bear with me.
In these days of stress, economic uncertainty, and the overall expectation to do more and more, with less and less. We all need quick and relatively inexpensive ways to refill our emotional gas tanks. Day to day mini-vacations as it were. After all it is so easy to get overwhelmed with doing what we HAVE to do, that we can end up running on empty...or at least I don't think it's only me ;-)
So my question to everyone out there, is what are your guilty pleasures? The things that aren't really practical per se, perhaps to others they may be seen as unnecessary, (perhaps even a little decedent), but they are the little things that help make getting through the day ( a little- or maybe a lot) easier.

My first guilty pleasure is chatting on the phone, A LOT. Being that most of the people, who are really close to me (husband and children excluded of course) are actually far away from me, location-wise. And somehow I need conversation more stimulating than my 2 year old can provide, just to stay awake during the day! Especially while doing the mind numbing chores that need to be done around the house.
Guilty pleasures 2 and 3 are rather along the same lines.
Starbuck's caramel macchiato.
I had never had any Starbuck's coffee until my oldest son started working there, now I'm hooked. I tend to stay away from anything chocolate (it gives me a headache), so this is my sugary sweet treat (and a great pick me up when I just can't keep my eyes open any longer). And of course when I REALLY can no longer keep my eyes open I have been known to indulge in a nap while my youngest son is napping. All the better if I have a furry pup snuggled up against me!
So how 'bout all of you? Any guilty pleasures you would be willing to admit?? I promise not to tell.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Sweets are not my "thing" but, hang on when I smell fresh baked bread, or rolls! I am beside myself with joy just thinking about the taste ..

The other thing is going out to buy scrapbooking stuff ( Idon't have enough yet,) my room is still only half full.Going out to eat breakfast rates right up there,too.

Zan said...

I think one of my biggest guilty pleasures is taking time to keep my blog. Instead of keeping up with all my bloggy friends, I really should be folding clothes or something.