Thursday, February 12, 2009

I hope I'm wrong about this, I truly do!

I woke up this morning to hear the story on the news of little Haleigh Cummings, the 5 year old Florida girl who is "missing", And I have such a bad feeling.
I do hope that this little girl just wandered off, and that she will be found safe and sound, I really do, but to tell you the truth I seriously doubt it. I guess maybe it is the fact that the Caylee Anthony story is still so fresh in my mind, but I am feeling terribly jaded. I remember when I was able to give my fellow man (or woman) the benefit of the doubt....
The story as I understand it: The girlfriend of the girl's father was in the SAME bed as the little girl and yet; someone broke into a locked door- propped it open with a brick??- and abducted the little girl without this woman ever waking up.
Really? Is ANYONE that deep a sleeper without the help of drugs or alcohol?
The police are treating it as an abduction, and they say there are "44 registered sexual offenders who live within a five-mile radius of the Cummings home".
Please join me in praying for this little girl !!!
My heart is so heavy!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I am with you Alex, I will pray for the little girl.
Why in the world was that man sleeping with that little girl ???
Hugs~~~Leslie

Zan said...

Alex- I hope you're wrong too - but I doubt it. Even if the girlfriend's story is true, it doesn't look good for little Haleigh. When I hear these stories, I always think of my own child (I guess I always will whether he's 5, 15, or 25) and want to throw up.

Heather said...

Seems to be a lot of holes in the story. It's good to know how many registered offenders who live close by, even though it may not be any of these people at all. It's very sad.