Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Favorites



I am thinking about doing a recurring topic on my blog called "Friday Favorites".


The only thing that these posts will have in common is that they will be:
products, companies, recipes, methods, etc. , that work for me, personally.


I hope some of you will be willing to play along and add your opinions!


Today's Friday Favorite:
Addictive "Heroin" Chicken-
( a low carb recipe that works for my husband's "No-Wheat" diet)

4 lbs. Chicken parts (wings work great- but I have used this recipe with drumsticks too)

1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 cup melted butter/ margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
(if using wings cut off pointy tips)

Combine Parmesan Cheese, parsley, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper together. (I do this in a gallon storage bag- it makes coating the chicken ( think Shake and Bake (tm)-lol)
and clean up much easier)

Line baking pan with foil (again this helps with clean-up)

Dip chicken pieces in the melted butter to coat then roll/shake in cheese/seasoning mixture.

Arrange on baking pan and bake about 1 hour.
(recipe doubles well)

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds yummy !! I will try it the next time I go grocery shopping.
Have a good week-end.
Hugs~~~~Leslie

Scott said...

Woohoo! I am printing the recipe now :)

Zan said...

Sounds yummy!! Will try on my family. I'm always looking for good, relatively easy meal ideas. Everyone here is sick of our usuals.

Love the Friday favorite idea!!

Zan said...

Alex- I tried this recipe out on my crew and they loved it. Thanks for sharing!!

PS My v. word is barkings - I thought it somehow appropriate :-)

Alex said...

Zan-
Glad they liked it! I figure if I find something that 5 kids, my hubby, and I all agree on- it's gotta be worth sharing :-)