Friday, December 12, 2008

Happier thoughts

Twenty-two years, 4 months, and 10 days ago, I met this quirky, kind of quiet, but (I was soon to find out) pretty determined, 25 year old guy. He was always up for anything: from Tarot card readings, to SQUARE dancing (yes, emphasis on the word square), to horse back riding (though I later found out he had never been on a horse before). Throughout the years he has constantly surprised me with his bravery (from that 1st horseback ride,- to being willing to take on not only me, but the job of raising our 5 kids), and he is famous for his boundless generosity. (And I'm not just saying that because Christmas is coming :-) There is no denying that while the years have been less than kind to me, each year he gets just keeps getting better looking .
So, Happy Birthday to my best friend in the whole world. (yes, Debbie gets second place;-) You're the best!

3 comments:

Addie said...

Your wedding picture is great, and this is a great birthday tribute.

Happy Birthday, Doug!

Addie

Leslie said...

What a sweet post. Good men are hard to find. My former spouse is one of the best men I have ever known. Just one question why do men become more handsome as the age and women do not ? You are so lucky.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gesture to you husband. You both are fortunate to have found each other!