Monday, June 22, 2009

Ordinary Time

As those of you who have been raised Catholic already know- we are in ordinary time. Yup, that is exactly what the Roman Catholic Church calls it- "Ordinary Time". In other words- not Lent, Advent, Easter, Christmas, Pentecost, Corpus Christi, etc, etc., & so forth.
Just ordinary time.
And am I GLAD to be in Ordinary Time!
In the past 4 weeks we have had a 3 years old's birthday, a 9 year old's birthday, an elementary school graduation, and Father's Day, (all happy occasions to be sure). But that is a lot of party planning!

My kids summer vacation FINALLY officially starts this week.

There is a relatively new series on the Disney Channel entitled "Phineas and Ferb". It is about the summer antics/activities of two brothers, their older sister and their platypus (never mind). My point is-
Their theme song starts with:
There are 104 days of summer vacation
then school comes along just to end it
but the annual problem for our generation
is finding a good way to spend it
104????
Boy, are these people out of touch!
54 is more like it.
Summer vacation no longer starts with Memorial Day Weekend and school starts back LONG before Labor Day.
I've got to recover from the end of the year rush, get everyone healthy, and get on to enjoying this summer vacation/ ordinary time, before it's time to start shopping for back to school.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Hi! I enjoyed stopping by your blog - great read! You are my winner for Name That Tune Monday so if you send me your address I will send you a prize! ;-)

Life With Dogs said...

Sounds like Disney could use some math help! :) Ordinary seems to be a very good thing in this case...

Ann said...

I think what I need the most is...a MAP!! I've already gotten lost, lol. I mean, I could SEE where I wanted to be, but I couldn't GET there...sheesh. Hey, you haven't got an 11 year old daughter do ya?? Oh, perhaps you'd like to come unload my moving truck? heehee