I am very greytful to our friends at Life's Little Moments for thinking of us for the Versatile Blogger award.
Below are the rules for this award:
Rule 1) Thank the person who gave you the award-
A Big Thank-Roo to Michelle, Mitch, and the pups .....
Rule 2) Post seven things about yourself :
No earth shattering revelations to share, but here goes anyway:
1) I was born and raised in Yonkers, New York ( pronounced - Yon-kuz ;-P)
2) My DH (Darling Husband) Doug and I will have been married 22 years this July.
3) We have been blessed with 5 healthy, brilliant, gorgeous, children- ranging in age from 4 years old to 21. ( & No, I am not biased, I'm just sharing the facts :-)
4) We adopted our Jack Russell- Beagle mix- Pepsi, on Super Bowl Sunday 2002.
5) 4 weeks after we adopted her, (while on a walk) she was mauled by a neighbor's dog (a large shepherd mix) who had gotten loose. And required immediate surgery.
2 weeks later she was attacked again by the same dog. Those neighbors have since moved away.
6) In July 2008, while researching dogs that might be able to tolerate a 28 pound Diva, with SEVERE large dog fear issues, my daughter Alaina discovered a retired racing greyhound rescue site. By August 2008 we had adopted Hero (racing name Star All Star), our 85 pound couch potato extraordinaire.
7) Adopting Hero has changed my life in so many more ways than simply adding a four legged friend .
Because of Hero we found Stowe and Maria's blog Halfway Home Hounds. (Stowe and Maria were Hero's foster family- for a few hours ;-)
Which led to my starting my own blog- this blog, which in turn led to my meeting Angela and Tracy from Treasure What You Have, which led to our fostering greyhounds for VAGA (and meeting all VAGA's other Greyt volunteers- including Michelle and Mitch). And so on, and so on...
Which brings us to
Passing the award along.
Fumbled Returns- a bit of nepotism here (this is DH's blog)
If you have already received this award- Well, congratulations again. We like you, we really like you ;-)