Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mango / Biggie Z Dogpile contest

Mango and Biggie Z are co-hosting a contest they are calling "dogpile".
The rules are simple enough - see how many "objects" you can pile on your dog before he or she "objects" :)
This is the kind of competition where Hero can really shine- it consists of lying still . And with 5 kids we have a good supply small toys.
Here is Hero's entry:

Hero
Male
Retired greyhound
34" long
27 toys (Horse,tan dog,yellow dog,striped squid.tiger,yellow gecko- on feet not floor:) ,penguin,bumble bee,clown,orange tiger rattle,purple dinosaur,b/w checkered whale,lion,blue&stars ball,black cat,b/w checkered dinosaur,white dog,green lamb,red mouse,tiger,red penguin keychain,blue meerkat,blue dog,red tiger,red wart hog,brown dog with white face,anteater)

For the small dog category we have Pepsi:
Pepsi
female
Jack Russell/ beagle mix
20" long
15 toys (pink bear,horse,bug rattle,striped squid,Red dog,chicken Christmas tree,yellow dog,grey octopus,lion,yellow dog,tiger rattle,Bumblebee,clown,tiger,cow)
The challenge is ON

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Excuse me while I tuck my tail between my legs. Aaaah, what to do, what to do? I'm obsessing about this contest because I'm size-challenged. And now that I've seen your photos...I'm devastated. You're so right, it's ON!
Twink!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, So cute!!! but unfortunately our surviving male is quite old and will not allow us to put anything on his back-even a snugly blanket. Love your dogs!
Have a great weekend.
Noreen

houndstooth said...

Now THAT is impressive! I think you've got a good shot!

Bunny

Angela said...

You have two very patient pups!

Alex said...

Oh Twink- you can still go for the cutest "dogpile".
Yes, in a household like ours patience is a NECESSARY virtue, and our pups have it in abundance <3.

Dexter said...

Holy crap! Those are amazing photos. I hope you sent them directly to Biggie, right? Because he is in charge.

Slobbers,
Mango

Lushorama said...

ahahahahahahahah!! This has had me giggling all day, thanks so much!!
xxxx

genji said...

That' s very impressive. I think Stanley is my best chance. Will give it a try.

IHateToast said...

I can't do this. Fabian is too puppy for it. He can't ignore the toys on him, and he can't ignore the toys on Omo. I tried and got to 2. I should try again when he's away.

Puppy brain. Cute but exhausting.

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

well done Hero and Pepsi--we could not enter the contest because we keep moving. we are bad dogs!

Land of Lincoln Labbies said...

We just buzzed over here from Mango and Dexter's site to see your Dog Pile entries and we must say we are extremely impressed with your doggie talents! Hope you had fun!
Land of Lincoln Labbies

Life With Dogs said...

Perfect entry - and if there was any breed meant to take the prize it has to be a grey!